A Full Range of Solutions for Water Line Replacement
There are many trenchless methods Thuro Inc. uses to replace water service lines. The lines can be pulled, directionally drilled, or added on to pipe burst during a replacement of the sewer pipe, Thuro has the equipment and expertise to get your water service fixed fast.
- We specialize in both trenchless and open trench water line replacement, giving us options for dealing with any water line issue
- The size of your water line can be increased to meet current industry standards
- Thuro is qualified to replace water shut off valves, or even install a new water line all the way to the main
- We offer both residential and commercial service
Indemnified, Bonded, Insured, and Qualified
Unlike many other contractors, Thuro is an indemnified contractor with the City of Calgary. Why is it so important that your pipe bursting contractor is indemnified? Not only can Thuro fix the sanitary service up to your property line, we can also legally replace water service all the way to the main, fixing the entire line all at once.
Water Line Pulling
Thuro Inc. uses a water line splitter to pull new water service lines in place of the existing service. This equipment is designed for ¾”-1” water service lines. A water line pull is a full replacement of the existing service line that requires open-end pipe access at either end (access pit). A 3/8” aircraft cable is pulled through the host pipe and then a water line splitting head is attached and pulled back through the line using an excavator. During the splitting process the existing service line is split apart and a new PEX pipe is pulled into place behind the splitting head.
- 1” Pex
- Up to 100ft
- Can upsize from ¾” to 1”
- Easily replaces most materials (copper,
- Minimum lifespan 50-years
The following are limitations for Water line pulling:
- Corroded lines that are unable to get the cable through
- Galvanized pipe
Trenchless Technology: Tree and Lawn Friendly
Water line pulling and other trenchless technologies offer full replacement without digging up yards so decks, trees, and gardens look just as great as they did before.
Unlike some more traditional methods of pipe replacement, pipe bursting utilizes fused joints which completely eliminates potential root issues so you can enjoy a lifetime of trouble-free operation.
Frozen Water Line?
Don’t let winter leave you in the cold. Check out Thuro’s water line thawing services!